Monday, July 13, 2009

Buff Multifunctional Headwear now at The Northern Angler

I wanted to take a minute and introduce a product that is new to us at The Northern Angler, Buff Multifunctional Headwear. The product itself has been around for a few years but it is really starting to gain traction in the fishing world and it is easy to see why. The Buff is made out of Coolmax fabric that breathes, blocks wind, and most importantly, blocks 95% of UV rays and the Buff is seamless so there are no uncomfortable spots or seams to rip and come apart. The Buff can be worn in at least a dozen different ways and we have included a link to a video here that demonstrates some of the functionality of Buff. Buff is available in many cool designs including a few that have Insect Shield bug repellent built right into the garment which might just come in handy while you're out fishing! Check out The Northern Angler's selection of Buff Headwear here.

My personal experience with Buff is that I held out for a long time on the product, despite urging from the company rep that included a free sample last year which I promptly gave away without trying it and now in hindsight, I'm sorry that I did. This year when the pitch was given again (including another sample) I decided to give it a shot and use the product, get some in the shop, and show it off to people. Buff calls its product multifunctional headwear and it truly is. So far I've had it on the flats looking for carp where the Buff, worn as a balaclava, blocked the sun rays from my neck, ears, cheeks, and nose. It performed as advertised, no greasy sunscreen and I didn't get hot at all, the coolmax fabric breathed and kept the sweat out of my eyes. The next trip was hex fishing where I (foolishly) misplaced my Ultrathon and took the Buff as my only protection from the mosquitos. Another big score for the Buff! I wasn't bothered at all in my ears or neck by the bugs (they bit the hell out of my forehead but...) and then when the temp fell after dark, it was nice to have the Buff around my neck to cut a bit of the chill. One other trip to Grand Traverse Bay found the wind whipping at 15-20 and it was quite uncomfortable in my ears until I pulled out the Buff and found another reason to love it. My wife now has a Buff too that she wears as a headband/hair band when working out and to keep her neck from scorching in the sun. With a lot of cool designs and a lot of cool uses, Buff is definitely worth a try!

The Northern Angler

No comments: